The First United Presbyterian Church of LeRoy, Iowa, was organized in 1882. Services were held in the schoolhouse until a church was built and dedicated to God on November 30, 1890. The church was destroyed by fire on December 22, 1912; and the present church building was dedicated on November 22, 1914. It remains a beautiful place of worship today.
Alva Humeston Sr. was an elder of the first Christian Church. The first church building was moved to town either from Lewisburg or Green Bay and was used until a new church was built in 1874.
The Humeston Methodist Church was organized in 1874. Its left wing was moved into town from its original place at the Humeston Cemetery site. It was located where the water tower now stands and later moved across the street to the east. The cost to rebuild this church was $1,200.
A new Methodist Church building was built then dedicated in April 1921.
During 1971, the Christian and Methodist churches considered a yoked parish. The LeRoy Presbyterians and Christians were already sharing a pastor. A vote by the Christian membership determined that they would leave their building and worship with the United Methodists. Thus, the United Trinity Parish was formed in 1972.
After investigating costs for repairing or refurbishing the 1921 Methodist building, a vote to construct a new Humeston Christian United Methodist Church passed on September 15, 1991. One hundred sixty-five people attended the formal consecration service of the Humeston Christian United Methodist Church on July 24, 1994.
A main feature of the building is the use of the art glass from the former building.
In May 1996 the mortgage was burned following a Sunday service.